I got tagged by one of my Facebook friends and tasked with writing this list. I thought I might just as well post it here - it is an interesting exercise in introspection and critical (self) thinking. I recommend you do the same - it is not as difficult as it sounds. Here they go:
1. I like cats since I was a small kid. I have "quality time" with my cat every day I am not traveling.
2. To my knowledge I am the first person from Latin America to have passed the STLE Certified Lubrication Specialist. That was in 1997.
3. I like to play the guitar. Not that I still play it... but I like it. I have an Applause which is a poor man's Ovation - sweet!
4. I snore. My wife pokes me on occasion to stop me when I am snoring too loud.
5. I am a Cancer. Not that it means anything... but I am a Cancer. I kind of like the little crab.
6. My first dog was a chihuahua. I don't own dogs anymore but my wife does.
7. My wife is a Leo. My mother is a Cancer and my father was a Leo. Is that a coincidence?
8. I don't drink because after the third or fourth drink I look drunk. I am not drunk but I look every bit the part.
9. When I was a small kid my hero was Captain James T. Kirk. I was in love with Yeoman Janice. She was cute.
10. Before having brothers I had an imaginary friend.
11. My earliest memory is from before I was 3. Look at the picture in my father's blog elsewhere on my profile.
12. I miss my father every day since he died.
13. A very close relative of mine is gay so I have been to all-men-gay parties. They are, well, gay!
14. I sell lubricants. Few of my customers know I am an electrical engineer! I've never worked as an electrical engineer!
15. My mother wanted me to be a doctor (MD). Fortunately, one of my brothers did become a doctor!
16. The first car I wanted to own was a 1965 nightmist blue Mustang Convertible. I was 4.
17. My first car was a 1966 nightmist blue Mustang Coupe, with a 289 V8 engine. I was 22. That car was a pain in the butt but I loved every minute of owning it.
18. I changed my Mustang for a Toyota Corolla. My girlfriend (now my wife) never got over it. She liked the 'stang.
19. I speak german. Or at least I used to...
20. Few of my skeptically minded Facebook friends in the US, UK and Australia realize my native tongue is spanish. Surprise!
21. I learned english by listening to the Beatles and learning EVERY song. Try me!
22. My daughter loves the Beatles' music. She has hijacked my CDs. Luckily, they were ripped before and now reside in my Ipod.
23. I don't listen to music in my Ipod. I listen to audiobooks and podcasts. I do have a lot of music in it though.
24. I used to be very catholic. My wife still is. That is why I go to church every Sunday.
25. The prettiest woman I have seen on screen (and in Playboy) is Stella Stevens. I am a big fan. She doesn't know...
(And this is to show that these are random thoughts as Stella comes after the church thing - no relationship!)