Fun letters to God. I love this!

Facebook has many good things going for it, one of which is the sharing of news items by my friends. One of such items was this "letters to God collection" , which I found refreshing, funny and insightful.

This letter appears in this blog FUnlimited which seems to specialize in funny stuff found on the internet and the letters are shown as actual pictures of the children's writing, which is also refreshing. You are welcome to check the actual posting.

I loved several of the notes. Here are the ones that caught my attention:

"You don't have to worry about me. I always look both ways. Dean"

Looks like we could advise our good friend Cornswalled NOT to look both ways before crossing the street but, of course, Dean is more sensible.

"Dear God, if you watch in Church on Sunday I will show you my new Shoes. Mickey D."

God must be appreciative of new apparel, especially if worn to church. Mickey must be a tidy young person.

"Dear-God-if-we-come-back-as-something-please-don't-let-me-be-Jennifer-Horton-because-I-hate-her. Denise"
"Dear God I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. Nan"

Denise and Nan are very candid. They know we just can't love everyone. Wise insight.

"Dear God, If you give me genie lamp like Alladin I will give you anything you want except my money or my chess set. Raphael".

Of course. Some things are just not negotiable.

"Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy. Joyce."

At her young age Joyce is now learning the real power of prayer.

"Dear God, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that OK? Neil."

Is this Cornswalled's child? What do these parents tell their kids? I feel sorry for Neil's outlook on sexuality. Hope God answers that kissing is OK, no matter where.

"Dear God. Are you really invisible or is that just a trick. Lucy"

Dear Lucy, I believe it is just a trick.

"We read Thos. Edison made light. But in Sun. School they said you did it. So I bet he stoled your Idea. Sincerely, Donna".

Donna is already suffering an early conflict between science and religion. Hope science wins.

"Dear God Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. Larry".

Larry, I couldn't have said it better. Nothing makes peace better that having your own stuff. Well put.

No comments: